In 1882, Fritz Lühmann set up a business for agricultural supplies.
His son Christian eventually registered the company under the name of Christian Lühmann GmbH & Co. KG.
In 1925, Christian’s son, Fritz Lühmann took over the management of the business and developed it with a clear focus on the trade with lubricants. The company thus became a dealer in mineral oil products.
It was the great-grandson of the founder, Hans Lühmann, who expanded the business further; specialising in direct customer support and establishing a network of petrol stations. He can thus be seen as the founder of Lühmann KG as we know it today.
Our company is a family-owned medium-sized enterprise and proud of its tradition. We have always been especially committed to the wellbeing of the people and the progress of our region. We believe that reliability, honesty and close contact with customers, suppliers and employees are essential for the sustainable growth of our business. To find out more about our commitment, please read our Mission statement.